Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Love Board

One of our favorite ways to write little notes to each other is on our "love board." When we first got married, and I still worked for the allergist office, I would bring home all sorts of drug swag - pens, stress balls, mouse pads... and dry erase boards. :-) I had one from Zyrtec that  I glued some magnets on and slapped onto our refrigerator to write down the grocery list.

However, it quickly went from a utilitarian list board to the perfect place to leave each other sweet little notes. One of us would leave a note, and then a few days later, the other would erase key parts of the note, modifying it slightly to create a whole new note. It was tons of fun. My brother also had a good time changing our notes into annoying little sayings - what can I say, he was easily amused. :-)

It's been one of our favorite items in the house, and we've given dry erase boards as wedding gifts, along with a  little note of explanation for the newly married couple. As much as I loved the sentiment though, the lime green board and the blatant drug advert on it was really bugging me. And then I found this little sticky chalkboard label at the Dollar Store. Oh Dollar Store, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways... :-)

Now we just use a chalk marker instead of a dry erase marker, and it is so much easier on the eyes. :-) And, we hide the marker in the drawer next to the fridge, so it's harder for my brother to find. :-) The decal is a bit flimsy, so it's not going to last forever, but there are plenty of vinyl chalkboard options on etsy when we get to that point.

So, as we wrap up this month of blogging about love (in which I ended up blogging very little about love), I thought this would be the perfect little idea to share. We have a lot of fun with it, and I am sure you will too!

What are your simple and easy ways to show the love?

1 comment:

  1. yep, the chalkboard love board is easier on the eyes...a little more 'grown up' :) how great to find it at the dollar store :)

    have a great week

    ReplyDelete