Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Snowy Here!

I don't know about where you are, but we have gotten a bit of snow this winter. I figure it's pretty par for the course, as we had a very gentle winter last year, with not much snow and an early spring. This year is definitely making up for it though! :-) Our neighbors that get their driveways plowed had drifts last week that were literally taller than I am.

Our driveway is about 150 feet long, with the garage all the way at the back of the lot. Needless to say, we do not shovel all the way back to the garage in the winter. We just clear space for our cars plus one, and that's that. Although I suppose I would have awesome arms if I decided to shovel the whole thing every time. But then I wouldn't have time for blogging. :-)

But do you want to hear something awesome? We met our neighbor down the street a bit a few weeks ago, and in the course of the conversation, she explained that she had a snowblower that she didn't use, and she wanted to know if we were interested in it. Um... yes? YES! So it is taking us a while to get it up and running, because it was sitting in our lovely neighbor's garage unused for two years, but boy are we excited! Lover tells me that I may even be able to use it, because it is self propelled. Anyways, isn't our neighbor awesome? The kindness of people just blows me away sometimes.



P.S. I wanted to make sure that I posted these pictures of snow for posterity's sake, just in case global warming isn't just hype. ;-)

1 comment: