Monday, February 28, 2011

February Recap - did I make it?

Whew! It's the 28th! It's the last day of February! It's the last day of my personal challenge to blog for a month straight!

(Blog calendar showing my 28 posts for the month)


I have to say, blogging for a month straight was harder than I thought it would be. I've never regularly blogged on the weekends before, and I think that was the hardest part. Also, I nearly forgot several times (like yesterday!) Big thanks go out to Lover, who encouraged me to keep going and not give up! But, I learned to relax my OCD tendencies a bit and just enjoy blogging again, and it was fun. I'm excited for all the things I have planned in March, although I am definitely NOT planning on blogging every day! :-)

Here's how I did on February's goals:

Read Oliver Twist. Started this one, and very much enjoying it. Did not finish it, however. Tsk tsk. :-)

Finish Frenchy table. .... yeah, this did not happen. I was out of town for a week! I need a new sanding tool to finish up the hard parts! I'm sure I can think of more excuses! :-)

Sew something. Bonus points for more than one project. YAY! I sewed a cover for my machine, hemmed some microfiber cloths, made a faux roman shade and worked on a table runner. :-) Success!

Work on scrapbooking. YAY! Although I didn't reach my goal of 2 hours a week, I did complete several layouts, as well as accomplished some sorting (and tossing) and assembled a little momento book.

Finish website. .... it's in the works. Coding and junk like that. Oh, and procrastination. :-)

Blog for 28 days straight. YAY!

I'll be back tomorrow with my goals for March. I'm hoping for a little more success next month! :-)

5 comments:

  1. I get you about blogging on the weekends--I think I've only ever posted one thing on a Saturday. I love leaving my weekends free. But I thoroughly enjoyed reading more from you!
    Your sewing projects sound pretty awesome. Are you going to be sharing more about them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry...can you make all the extras go away??? :) this is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on the 28 days of blogging. I can testify that that is an impressive feat, since I only did 14 days. Totally forgot some days, and just plain didn't feel like it other days!! I really need to update my blog template so I can post bigger pictures, because I just feel like posting about our grand canyon trip with the current size of my blog photos won't do them justice at all! Now…to see if this works…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - All fixed! :-) Glad you worked out the kinks. And, I want to see pictures of your trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenna - Yes, I plan to share, but I refuse to commit to any kind of timetable. :-)

    ReplyDelete