Monday, February 21, 2011

A Walk Down the Street



Two weeks ago, when I was picking up a whole slew of glass for the upcoming crafty day, I spotted this little painting at our local Salvation Army. It's an original oil painting, so it matches this criteria. :-) And it was so pretty. The colors match our downstairs color scheme perfectly. And even the frame was pretty neat. The price was right at $9.99, so I popped it in my cart hoping it would meet Lover's approval. And although he wasn't in love with it, (which is good, because he should only be in love with me) :-) he told me he had no objections, so it has taken up permanent residence here at the castle.

In the above photo it's sitting on the new piano top, but today I hung it up on the dining room wall. I am not sure it will stay there, but I like it so far. Pics to come, cross my heart. Hope you all are safe and warm today. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I can not believe you found an original oil painting for $9.99! I can't even seem to find good frames for that price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome find! I think the painting is very cool. It kind of draws you into the distance.

    ReplyDelete