Friday, February 18, 2011

A Better Wrapped Gift

One of my goals for the year is to be more original with my gift wrapping and presentation. I've learned over the years that if I present the gift that I got someone in a wrapping that is every bit as beautiful as the gift, it makes said gift ten times better. So I am really trying to ramp up my presentation. :-) Obviously, there are exceptions, like my two year old nephew who really only wants to rip open some paper and find the toy inside. But for my six year old niece, I tried to up the ante.

I used some cute polka dot wrapping paper from the dollar store, some black and pink ribbon, and a heart shaped paper doily as the gift tag. I think it came out cute and sweet. Where do you get your wrapping supplies from? I want to build up my stash, but not go broke in the process. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love that polka dot wrapping. My favorite wrapping paper is butcher paper - I think that its simplicity is so elegant, and I love to dress it up with ribbon and bows. But the dollar store? Never even thought of it, I'm going to have to scope it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    There is some seriously awful stuff at the dollar store - but there is great stuff too. I've learned though, that you always have to buy it right then and there. If you go home and think about it, it will be gone when you go back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like butcher paper--it really lends itself to ribbons and string and 'easy' embellishments. However, I'm definitely not at your level of tasteful wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super pretty! I love to use butcher paper, too. I always seem to have paper and ribbon around so that dresses it up.

    ReplyDelete