Thursday, February 3, 2011

I was three, and He was four

This is Lover and I, at approximately 6 and 7 years old. This is, understandably, one of my favorite pictures of the two of us. We have literally been friends forever, or at least since we were three years old. Isn't that incredible? At our wedding reception we had one of those slideshows where we show pictures from birth to now of each of us. And my favorite part was that we had pictures of us, together, from almost the very beginning. Our families met when we were little, and we somehow managed to stay friends over the next twenty years, until we fell in love and "took our friendship to the next level." :-)

Over the next few weeks, I want to tell you all some of our story, how we were friends when we were kids, best friends with an ocean between us, how we invented a "secret code" to keep Lover's sisters and my brothers from reading our letters, to finally falling in love at 20 years old. It's a long story, but it's a great story. But first, before I get all verbose, I will tell you our story from Lover's perspective.

"We met when we were three and four years old,


and she has been following me around the world


ever since."



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to hear more about your story! And that picture is to die for. Luke has such a look of bliss on his face. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. I LOVE that picture!! so much foretold right there!

    ReplyDelete