Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 30: Be Willing to Change



We talked early in the month about flexibility, and how crucial it is to your survival with a new baby. Here's something that builds on that advice. Be willing to change - yourself. Winston Churchill said "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."

Being a mom is highlighting areas of my life that need change. There are areas that need improvement so I can be a better example to my son.  There are things I need to work on so I can be content with the season of life that I am in.

The more resistant I am to change, the more difficult my days are. Change is hard for me. I like things to stay the same. I love traditions and find comfort in routine. Well, at least until the routine threatens to make me go insane. :)

But the fear of the unknown often holds me back from attempting to change. And the fear of failure? Man, that one just kills me. I hate, hate, HATE failing.

I'm learning that there is little in life that can be definitively called "failing." As long as I am trying, and I am willing to give it another go, I'm on the right track.

We aren't robots, built one day in an assembly line, and destined to remain the same forever. We have the ability to learn, grow, acquire new skills, the ability to change. And I need to avail myself of that opportunity so that I am the very best "Me" I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment