Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 25: Prayer



Girls, I can't think of anything more important than prayer. It's become so crucial to me, and I'm praying that God opens my eyes even more to the power of prayer and makes it even more indispensable to my life as a woman, wife, mother, and friend.

Early on, in those first few weeks of all night marathon nursing sessions, I designated the early morning hour of nursing my prayer time. Not because I was feeling oh-so-holy, but precisely because I wasn't. I begged God for patience, grace, joy, wisdom... man, I would just run down the list. I needed it all. I still do.

I have no idea how to raise a son that loves God. I have no idea how to raise a son that genuinely cares for others. But God does. So I'm asking him to teach me and to guide me. I'm praying that he gives me the grace to respond with gentleness when I am frustrated, to give my son an example of a mom and dad who love each other. To show a genuine, true example of a child of God who lives to please him.

It's a tall order. It terrifies me when I think about trying to do it all on my own. So I pray. I pray as much as I can and remember to, and I pray that God reminds me to pray even more.

"The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"

Lord, let my prayer be effectual!

No comments:

Post a Comment