Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: Ask for Help

 


Man, was I bad at this. I remember a day when I was absolutely at the end of my rope, exhausted, emotional, and bordering on crazy. I sat (collapsed?) on the kitchen floor and sobbed my heart out. Crying helped, but you know what would have been better? Calling up any of my plethora of family and friends and asking for some help. Someone to make or bring dinner, someone to come cuddle with Javi while I took a nap, someone to clean my house. My pride kept me from asking, and I can only speculate as to how much easier my life would have been those first few months if I had just said “I need help!” So ask! Please!


Things to ask for help with:



  • Entertain baby while you shower/paint your nails/take a nap.

  • Make or bring over dinner

  • Listen while you voice new mom concerns

  • Watch other kiddos so you can shower/paint your nails/take a nap

  • Watch baby while you get out of the house for an hour or two

  • Wash your dishes or load the dishwasher

  • Take over an obligation for you for a few months (like hosting your monthly book club meeting)

  • Watch baby while you and your husband go on a date


No comments:

Post a Comment