Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24: Enjoy Your Baby



Having a baby in my life is just plain fun. No one else laughs hysterically when I sneeze, or thinks it's funny when I say boo. No one else runs away screaming in delight when I crawl after him growling "I'm gonna get you!"

Javi makes me laugh many, many times a day. I laugh even more when I remember to live fully in the present, enjoying the stage that my baby is in, not rushing the future. There will always be time to blog more, to sleep more, to work more. But I won't always have little ones to rock to sleep, little bellies to tickle, and little hands to hold.

Being purposeful about enjoying my baby makes me like being a mom so much more. Because honestly, there is a lot to enjoy. Javi's a funny, smart, silly little boy, and I love being his mom.


1 comment: