Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 19: Find "Mom-tors"



Everyone needs a “mom-tor” (mentor who is a mom) in their life. You need to be able to talk to someone who has been around the block a few times. Someone that you can ask about teething, temper tantrums, and how to find time to cook dinner every night. Someone who will listen as you talk about your kid as if they are brilliant and gifted because to you, they are! Someone who can look at your situation objectively and tell you what you need to hear, even if you don’t want to hear it.
One of my “mom-tors” is my friend Andrea. She has four kids who are currently all entering college, graduating high school or beginning high school. It’s a fun and busy time in her life. She’s a fun, wise friend that I can talk to about any and everything - and believe me I have. If I didn’t have other responsibilities, I would go park myself on her front porch every day and talk for hours. Of course, she probably appreciates that I have other responsibilities which keep me from becoming a front porch squatter. :)
Andrea recently started her own business - a global extension of her front porch. It’s called Martha Street and it’s awesome. She blogs about all sorts of fun stuff, offers counseling, and a host of other awesome stuff. Hop on over and check it out, it’s a great place to hang out!

No comments:

Post a Comment