Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30: 0n Pouring Coffee

Monday morning we did a Google hangout with my parents, like we normally do once a week. Javi was less than interested, and ran off after the typical hellos to play on his own. He came back to the living room every couple of minutes to make silly faces with his uncle.  And then I noticed that a few more minutes had gone by and Javi was unusually quiet. I went to check on him, and this is what I found.



I had to admire the inventiveness that he put into play here. He had pulled out the coffee, and was using the coffee scoop to pour the grounds down the tube of the saran wrap and back into the canister. Well, sort of back in.




I'm not entirely sure what he was planning on making, but he had five strawberry oatmeal packets, the canister of coffee, two containers of chocolate syrup, a jug of maple syrup, a can of corn and two jars of peanut butter. It seemed like it had a lot of potential. Plus, all of those fresh coffee grounds  smelled amazing in my kitchen!


Since the mess was already made, I let him play to his heart's content. Once he was done exploring, we cleaned everything up together. Little man is getting really good with the dustpan and broom, if I do say so myself.

All in all, it was just another day of 2 under 2 around here. These two always keep me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment