Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 19: 0n Feeling Tired

I constantly forget that is not just about how many hours of sleep I get at night, or whether or not I had a chance for a nap. There's the whole nursing thing, and the energy it takes to sustain another life (even a tiny one!) from my body. There's the whole toddler thing too, with his boundless energy. Then there's the whole adjusting to a new normal thing that is both physically and mentally challenging, all of which is tiring!

And then the million and one other things that a girl needs to get done. Personal hygiene! Dinner for the family! Clean clothes! Etc!

It got better after three or four months with Javi. I think overall I am handling the lack of sleep better than I did the first time. Less crying, more cat naps. I'm reminding myself that this too shall pass, and someday I'll sleep thru the night again :-)  For as many hours as I want. Without interruption. :-). And it will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment