Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A New 31 Days Challenge!

Last year I joined in with the Nester's 31 Days series and  blogged for 31 days straight about what I had learned after going through the new baby stage. I titled the series 31 Days of New Baby Advice and I had a blast writing it. It was cool to see how much I have learned, and the sense of accomplishment was awesome! I'm doing it again this year, but with a different topic - and I'm hoping it will be just as fun! 


As of today I have an almost 22 month old son, and an infant daughter who is five weeks old. Yep, we've got two tiny tots under 2 years old! For the first month I was immensely blessed and had tons and tons of help. Lover took a week off of work, then worked a week from home, my mom came over every day to help, and stayed for as long as I needed her. When she flew back to Spain, Lover gave me the best surprise ever, he took the last week  of September off so that we could all spend the time together as a family. It was heaven, and God, who is always in control, knew that Javi would come down with a monster cold that would have made this week oh so hard to do alone.


Now Mom is back in Spain, and Lover is back to work, so it's time to start figuring out life with my two awesome little ones. Time to figure out what a normal day looks like. Except for the fact that we've never done this before, so I guess it's our "New Normal", if you will. It's going to be so great. We're going to have so much fun. And it's gonna be hard and we'll have bad days. But I thought it might be really cool to chronicle the next month of our lives, in little snippets, just a small record of how we're adjusting, what's going on in my brain, and anything else that comes to mind this month.


I'm calling it...wait for it, bet you never guessed...31 Days of Our New Normal! I hope you'll come along for the ride and read my weird brain dumps, and leave a comment or two. Because no one likes to do things alone! Well, except for introverts like me. But I still want to hear from you! :)


Check out lots and lots of other bloggers doing 31 Day Series over at The Nesting Place!



2 comments:

  1. you are amazing. Looking forward to reading about your new normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to this series. I've got three kids (ages 5, 3, and 12 months) and am expecting in March so I will also have 2 under 2. My first three kids are each 2 years and 4 months apart, but my two youngest will only be 17 months apart which scares me a little :)

    ReplyDelete