Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 15: On a New Addition to the Family

I wrote this back in January, right after we found out we were expecting number 2. I thought it would be fun to share! 



Yesterday we found out that we are expecting our second little munchkin. I’d had my suspicions for a while, but wanted to wait to take a pregnancy test until we were pretty sure so as to avoid disappointment. Sure enough, those two pink lines appeared right away! Yay!


We want our kids to be close together age wise (and relationship wise, obviously!) so we were hoping to get pregnant as soon as possible. But as the months dragged on with no beebee in my tummy, I really struggled. Seemed like everyone  else was getting pregnant, again! for the first time! even if they hadn’t planned to! and boy did I want to be a part of the “trend!”

Javi made us a family in my mind. We were deliriously happy as a couple, and so excited when we were pregnant. But it wasn’t until he was born, and as each month passed, that we began to realize how much he added to our duo. I can't picture life without him now. And the more we loved Javi, the more we wanted to add more little munchkins to the mix!

To be honest, I’ve got some fears. I’m afraid of the adjustment from a mom of one to a mom of two. I’m afraid this little baby won’t feel as loved or special. I’m afraid of how Javi will react.  I'm afraid that this baby and pregnancy won’t be healthy.

But I have learned so much in the last year about fear. And I refuse to let it rule my life! I don’t have the time or the energy to waste on being afraid anymore. So I’m referring back to the verses I’ve taken to heart over the last year, and reminding myself to place my trust in the Almighty. To hide under the shadow of his wings.

signature

No comments:

Post a Comment