Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 18: 0n Fall In NY


My awesome sisters in law showed up last Thursday, shooed me out the house and told me to get lost for a couple of hours. I hemmed and hawed about what to do, (does anyone else think of a million things they need to do sans kids but then when the opportunity arises, draws a complete blank? Anyways, I digress.) But ultimately decided to grab my camera and go for a walk along the river.





Fall is really coming into its own here in New York, and I relished the opportunity to capture some of the beauty that surrounds me. I learned with Javi that what recharges me most when I have time to myself is a simple combination of: being alone, being outside, preferably, and doing something creative. So off to the river walk I went.



Here's where you might expect me to say something profound about what God taught me during my time communing with nature, but I don't have anything like that for you today. I simply drank in the sunshine, find solace in the silence, and attempted to capture the beauty around me through my lens.



I will say though, every time autumn rolls around, and I watch the trees become living art before they drop their dead leaves, I am awestruck by the creativity of God. Who else would think to create such amazing beauty in death? God is awesome.




signature

No comments:

Post a Comment