Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 21: 0n Fingerpainting



Last week we tried out fingerpainting. It was a big hit! I was a little (ok, a lot) afraid of the mess, but it wasn't too bad, and it cleaned up really well once we were done. I love watching Javi try out new things, and this was no exception. :) He was a little hesitant at first, but with a little encouragement he dove right in.



I figured finger painting would be a good activity to start out with (as opposed to say, watercolors or stamping) precisely because it's messy. Javi doesn't like to have stuff on his hands, so I thought an activity where you're supposed to get messy would be good for him. He did really well.



This past February I took Ashley Ann's SnapShop course and I highly, highly recommend it. It was the perfect pace for me, and I learned tons. While I knew most of the technical stuff, it was great to practice and get feedback on all my pictures, and I specifically learned a lot about capturing every day moments like this in an artistic way. I loved it. If you have the opportunity, definitely check it out!







signature

No comments:

Post a Comment