Thursday, March 24, 2011

Replacing Sepia Pictures with COLOR!

When we redid the dining room, I hung a series of coordinated frames on the wall with sepia prints inside. Those are the pictures up in my header, and I took the majority of them. I liked them a lot, but after a while I realized that there was just too much brown going on in that area.

So, I put it on the backburner of my mind, where I mull over projects until I figure out what to do about them. This was the beginning of last year, when we were incredibly busy traveling. One of those trips was our trip to Spain, where I took many, many pictures.

When we got back, I knew I wanted some of those pictures I had taken hanging in our home. And then it hit me - replace the sepia pictures with color pictures! So I did. Eventually. :-)



And I love them. I love the colors, and the different memories that they hold. I love that they are from Spain, and that they remind me of the years that I lived there. Here are a few closeups.

I loved all the pots this lady had on her balcony. Summer must be beautiful here! :-)

I love old, chippy doors with interesting architectural details. This blue one was one of the first things I took a picture of when we arrived.

I can't tell you how much I love this picture. Something about it just screams Spain to me. The wrought iron, the drastic shadows, the shuttered doors, the balcony. Ah, Spain - I miss you!

Another chippy old door and a very cool lantern on a bright yellow wall. So pretty. :-)

So those are the pictures I selected for this wall grouping. Here's a wider angle of that side of the dining room to show you how the color pictures really warmed up the space.

So pretty. They make me smile every time I walk in the room. And they make me miss Spain. A lot. :-)

 

5 comments:

  1. The color pictures really do make a big difference in that room! Nice. And they're making me miss Spain too!! I can't believe I haven't been back in 6 years. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors! The colors inside the photos really coordinate with your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna - six years! That's too many. :-) You must take a trip there soon.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors! They look fantastic! And the photographs are beautiful as well! Yay architecture!

    ReplyDelete