Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Delivering As Promised

As promised, here is a picture of my newest oil painting addition in situ. I decided to hang it on the rather brown wall of the dining room where I did my cheap wall art a while back.

I'm liking how the painting adds a little bling and some more color to this corner. :-) I also like that block of sunshine on the wall. I wish I could make it stay there permanently. :-)

Anyways, I am thinking I will paint that outlet cover (below the thermostat) the same color as the wall so that it blends in a little more. There really isn't anything I can do about the thermostat until we demo the kitchen, and move that whole thing over to a side wall. So until then I will simply embrace the awkwardly placed, glaringly bright thermostat.

Actually, it doesn't bother me that much in real life. I just get mad because it ruins my pretty pictures. "Oh, she hung a paint---- OMG look at that thermostat!!!!" :-) I kinda feel like this wall is like a news reporter - all classy and fancy on the top, all bumming and slumming on the bottom. ;-)

Anyways, enough about the dumb thermostat. In other news, one of my more popular searches that found the old blog this week?

"Am I a Lover or a Friend?"


I feel bad for all these people wanting some solid advice about their obviously complicated relationship - and all they find is my blog - with a rant about a thermostat no less! Ha!

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny--we have a buzzer to let people into the downstairs door to our apartment's stairwell that also 'mars' my pictures of that area. And the ironic thing--the buzzer doesn't even work!! Alas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if that thermostat were over to the left a bit, you could get a canvas with a deep enough back to hang right over it. But it looks like it's right up against the molding there. I guess it's not the worst thing the former owners did to your castle, but I can see why you are looking forward to getting it moved!!

    nice place for the painting, though!

    ReplyDelete