Monday, April 2, 2012

Messy House, Quiet Heart

 Last week Javi went down for an unexpected nap around 9am. (He usually doesn’t go to sleep until 10 or 11am. That day he took both naps! Hurray!) When he dozed off, I immediately started to plan out the tasks that I could accomplish in the next 30-45 minutes. I had laundry to get going, dishes to clean up, and clutter all around the house.



As I walked into the kitchen, a little voice in my head said “This would be the perfect opportunity to spend some time with Jesus!” See I had just been telling Lover the day before how I’ve yet to really find enough consistency in my schedule to work my morning quiet time back in. and now I was faced with an unexpected nap.



So, I reigned in my inner neat freak, grabbed my notebook and Bible and sat down for some distraction free study time. I’ve been working on a study about living a victorious life and it’s been really awesome. I’ve been struggling with the feeling that “I can’t do this (whatever this may be)”, “it’s too hard”, “I don’t know how to live victoriously” and the like, so the dedicated time to really study out some verses was really awesome.



My favorite realization from my study time? The definition of the word “overcome” means “get the better of”. So when I read
“be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” I imagine Jesus saying with a smile – don’t worry guys! I’ve got this!
At the end of my study time, signaled by a two foot tall little man in the other room, my house was still a wreck, but my heart was at peace. I’m so glad I let the dishes sit a little longer. It was so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment