Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Dining Room Curtains

 As I mentioned last time, I moved the painting that was previously in the dining room into the living room. I’ve been tweaking a few other things in the dining room too. This room just never seems just right to me, so I’m working on a couple of little things.
Previously, the curtains that hung in this room were ones I had altered; I added a couple of yards of steely blue sari fabric to ready made gold silk curtains.


At first I had the sari fabric gathered with a tassel,



I tweaked the tab tops on the gold curtains and painted the rods to freshen them up, 



Then I decided that I was tired of tweaking these curtains and just went ahead and replaced them with something simple and crisp – cream panels.



Lover really liked the gold/blue curtains, so I really tried to make them work – for almost four years. I really like the way the new curtains make this side of the room look lighter and brighter, but they are a little plain compared to the previous ones.



I liked the sparkle and shine that the previous ones had. So now I am stuck. Do I leave the cream panels? Dress them up a little? Go back to the blue ones? Do something else entirely? Am I asking too many questions? :)  No seriously, I’d love to hear your opinions – I obviously need the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment