Friday, March 30, 2012

Lined Bottoms and Other Chair Tales

 I’m slowly starting to figure out how to work on some crafty projects again. It requires a bit of juggling around nursing sessions, diapers and naptimes, but the reward is huge. When I complete a project (or even cook dinner for that matter!)I feel like I am starting to figure this whole mom-life thing out. So I spend a lot of nursing sessions figuring out how to break projects down into fifteen minute blocks because that’s the length of time Javi can play on his own right now.



The lining on this blue chair has been ripped out since the day we moved in. (the previous owners left it here, and then I serendipitously found its match at a garage sale almost two years later!) When I say ripped out, I mean only tiny amounts left, and those were in shreds.



Considering the velvet was covered in cat hair, I can deduce without much detective work that this chair was a favorite hangout for a former feline resident.
The last little shreds hung down on the sides of the chair as you can see below, and it drove me batty. But obviously not batty enough to do anything about it for about for four years. :-) 



In my purging, cleaning and organizing, I found a length of black fabric left over from making the bed skirt in the guest room. It was the perfect weight to use as a new chair bottom lining. Lined bottoms are always better, wouldn’t you agree? :-)



Fifteen minutes later, after a date with scissors and a staple gun, the chair’s innards were neatly covered up by the lining once again, and I was a happy camper. Lined bottom, project completed, and the baby was still happily swinging away. It was a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment