Monday, August 29, 2011

Lucy's Room

A few months back I posted a maternity session that I did for a friend while she was in town. We also threw her a super fun shower, which I have yet to post about, but in the mean time, I wanted to show you the super sweet room that jen created for little Lucy.

jen went with a sweet and modern color scheme of soft gray and white with pops of orange and sherbet pink. I love the mix of fabrics that she used on the pillows for this daybed. And, how great of an idea is having a daybed in a nursery? I imagine that cozy little spot is getting lots of use these days.  And that collection of frames is just fab. And those are some of the pictures I took! :-)

And how sweet are those curtains? I love the little orange ruffle. The crib is a simple white one from IKEA, and jen made the crib sheet out of fun orange fabric.

jen recovered that rocker/glider she found on Craigslist, and that fabulous knitted blanket was a gift from our friend Andrea. Remember the glassy crafty day? This is the blanket that she was working on then. :-)

Little wooden blocks from etsy (also from Andrea and her family) are so adorable. And isn't that the cutest name for a little girl? I also love that elephant background. :-)

jen is all ready for all those diaper changes, with a sweet white dresser topped with a changing pad, and little shelves stocked with necessities and some pretties.

Art made by a friend, in just the right colors. It ties in perfectly with this pennant banner over the closet doorway,

which was also one of the decorations for her shower. So much fun! I love all the little touches and creativity jen put in this room. Everything is adorable. Especially this little girl,

Well done jen! Now, if I could just magically transport myself to the West Coast to spend some time with these girls (and take thousands of pictures of course :-)

What's your favorite part of the room? I can't decide between those ruffled curtains and the fantastic frames on the wall. :-)

3 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love the room - the orange fabrics are so fun and so versatile. Totally able to grow with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Hale McGinnSeptember 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM

    yay!! glad you're still more on the ball about blogging than I am! Thanks for featuring Miss Lucy's room. Let me tell you…that daybed has been awesome to have in there!! So far, I wouldn't change a thing about it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - love your (Lucy's room) Thanks for letting me post about it! :-) Hope you are all doing well! :-)

    ReplyDelete