Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Wonderland



Yesterday we had our first snow of the season. It started around 12:30, and we got a couple of inches over the next few hours.  I love watching snow fall, it is so beautiful. I know that snow means winter and cold and soggy wet shoes all season, but this year I am finding so many things to be thankful for about the snow.



The morning sunlight streaming through these bushes was so beautiful. In spite of the frigid temperatures, I grabbed my camera and braved the cold to play with the light streaming through the ice crystals that formed last night.



With such dark days lately, I am thankful for how much brighter the snow makes everything during the day.



We had a long, hot and humid spring and summer this year, so many of our plants got sick. Fungus, black spot and the like. I am thankful that the cold of snow and winter will kill off the diseases and allow my plants to be healthy again next year.



Snow reminds me to rest. Everything is so beautiful and peaceful, and it reminds me to slow down and enjoy my life. There will always be errands, cleaning and busyness. I need to take time each day to enjoy the beauty that God has surrounded me with.



I had an "argument" the other day with a friend. We were arguing over whether the good weather we had been having lately (with all the sunshine!) was God's gift to me, or to her. We had a good time laughing over which one of us God loved more, and which of us was more blessed to have the sunshine. :-) I've been overwhelmed lately with God's blessing on my life. So many little things that he puts into each of my days, just to make them more beautiful. Like snow and ice crystals. :-)

It's the second day of December, and I know things are starting to get really hectic for Christmas, but take a moment today to look around you and enjoy the beauty that God has surrounded you with.

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures, Jenny! Wow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely! I like that triangle-wanting-to-be-a-heart ice crystal! I must say that I love the weather out here in cali…but I do miss the beauty of a fresh snowfall! Enjoy it for me, okay?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder, Jenny. I sure needed to read that today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty photos. You have quite a gift for capturing moments.

    ReplyDelete