Wednesday, December 29, 2010

111 Things in 1/11



Well, the holidays are quickly drawing to a close and all the festivities are coming to an end. Sadness! And I don't know about you, but we have a whole bunch of shiny new stuff to find new homes for - I got the greatest pair of furry gloves that I absolutely love! (amidst lots of other stuff) This got me thinking, I need to do another one of my semi-annual house purges where I go through every room, closet and drawer. It is so cathartic.

And then I figured, why not challenge myself and make it even more interesting by trying to get rid of 111 things in 1/11? Wouldn't that be fun? So I thought about it for a while, and decided that yes, it would be really fun. And then I thought, you know what would make this even more fun? If a bunch of my blogging buddies wanted to do this with me!

Here's the plan. This Friday the 31st I'll do a quick post showing some areas of my house that need some slimming down. (It is possible that I may just put up a picture of my whole house) :-) I'll have a Linky at the end so that you can link up and show us all where you'll be working too.

Then every Friday throughout January (there are four) we'll meet back here and report on our progress. We can show pictures, tell stories, cry about how hard it is to get rid of stuff or how fun it is to toss stuff. :-) Whichever you prefer. :-)

111 things divided by four weeks comes out to approximately 28 things a week. This breaks down to six things per work day. How easy is it to pull out six things Monday through Friday and throw them in the toss pile? Super easy.

So, would you like to join me? There are no rules. You can link up every week, or just once. You can do 111 things all at once, or over four weeks. Whichever you prefer. :-)

Let's get rid of 111 things in 1/11!!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so pumped about this! Thanks for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! (Not sure which blog I'll be using: http://sunnysblog.typepad.com or http://justdaisy.wordpress.com )

    I did some major decluttering in 2010 but have a few spots that really need it in 2011.

    FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog party is just another name for a post where I embed a code that allows you to link up your post about the same topic. Then we all visit each other's blogs and check out our progress! So glad you're along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in... Looking around my house, I could probably get rid of 1111 things, though I'd never be able to do it in one month... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO going to join in on this! My husband will be happy...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome! I've already got this week's pile started, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be great motivation! I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I would have found this earlier! Love this idea. Purging is hard to do. I have been purging and reporting it on my blog. Is it too late for me to join? Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete