Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall Mantel Decorating



I have to say, I am loving the fall mantel that I created this year. Last year, if you remember way back then, we had just finished up the living room's multiple projects, so I didn't feel like covering up all of our hard work with fall decorations. But this year, after enjoying the work of our hands for over a year, I was ready to change things up a bit. I generally change the mantel a few times a year, but I also usually work with the same elements, so things don't look terribly different. This time my goal was to change things up quite a bit, achieve a fall feel, and not spend any money. :-) Here's the result:



I love how simple and clean it is. The geese silhouettes are just cut out of cardstock (I printed out silhouettes I found online and transfered them to cardstock.) The grass is from our backyard. I've had the picture for forever, it's a print of The Gleaners by Jean Francois Millet - this one:

I've always thought is was beautiful, and it reminds me of the story of Ruth. The rest of the mantel is just stuff I've collected, that all seemed to go together. One of the books is Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson. I hope to read that this fall, as one of my six classics I'm trying to read this year. (I've read three so far)

I also love the little grouping on the right of the mantel. Again, it's just some books, a photo of Lover and I, and some Dollar Tree ceramic pumpkins. But I love it. Maybe it's because it's Lover and I, and that makes me smile. Dunno, but I know that it makes me smile every time I look at it.



Sorry for the not so great pictures. I promise to try and take better ones in the future :-) Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the mantle! The grasses are just beautiful and the mantle is perfectly decorated: minimally, seasonally, and tastefully.
    I don't think I've noticed your beautiful windows before! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative!! The mantel looks beautiful. I love the picture of you and your hubby on the books, with the pumpkins. I would never think to arrange something like that . . . thanks for the idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Jenna - please feel free to copy :-)
    Sarah - I know, I love the windows too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Paintings are so awesome. I really don't know about Fall Mantel Decorating. The exsiting post really shows some fresh information about it. and This one really increases my amount of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete