Monday, November 15, 2010

Dare to be... Thankful!

Well, you know what they say, better late than never, right? I am fashionably late to the Dare to DIY party at Kim's, but I am so excited to be participating again this year! :-)



This week's theme was:

Dare to... be thankful! by making a fun Thanksgiving project. I chose to make two simple little Thankful notecards to be sent out to friends that I am especially thankful this year.



One of the things I love about scrapbooking is that I always have a boatload of crafty supplies laying around that are perfect for whipping up little notecards and the like. This first card is made out of card stock, regular paper and dollar store glitter glue. I love how the little pumpkin turned out, even if it is a little lopsided. :-)



The second card was super easy as well. The paper was two sided, so I simply trimmed the fold so that the under side showed, and added a "metal" plate that says Give Thanks. It's much easier to read in real life. Trust me.



So there you go. Simple and easy, but hopefully they will make someone's day. I am so thankful for friends! :-) Make sure to go check out the other girls' awesome crafts!

5 comments:

  1. I like the cards a lot, Jenny. They look so nice. I'm trying to adopt an attitude of gratitude going forward. I have so many notecards and I've been making an effort to thank people in writing. I know how much it means to me, so I hope it means a lot to them, too.

    Thanks for joining in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I would be super excited to get a card like this in the mail. Great idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really nice. I also like having the scrapbook supplies lying around - I'm always comforted when I know that I can whip up a little notecard instead of dropping $5 on a Hallmark version :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! And yes, probably much cheaper than store bought cards, and so much more personal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would love to give Thanksgiving cards - these are super cute!

    ReplyDelete