Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Inspiration Tuesday: Trent Hultgren

I recently came across this room, and I really, really liked it.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was designed by Trent Hultgren, the baseball cap wearing designer that didn't do much on this season's Design Star. (Side note: I only watched a few episodes of this season and was underwhelmed. That said, Emily has a pretty entertaining blog.) Trent said that the environment of Design Star wasn't one that he could be creative in, and he voluntarily left the show. I totally get that, as I am someone who can only paint artistically when the stars align and the "mood is right" :-)

But isn't that room above fun? It's totally not my style, as we sooo do not live in a beach house, but I love all the texture of the room, and the fact that it emits a lived in vibe. I'd love to see more work from him like this room. Not too shabby, Trent!

3 comments:

  1. Jenny
    Thanks for the article. You can check out more of my designs at cabanacasa.com. I'm doing three large homes right now and will post more soon. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need more pics!
    Cheers!
    Trent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trent,

    Wow, I am flattered that you read my post! Thanks so much for stopping by. Your work is lovely, you can see the influence of all of your travels! I look forward to seeing more of your spaces!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.amazing.thnaks so much.your work is great.

    ReplyDelete