Monday, January 10, 2011

January Goals

Yes, I am aware that it is January 10th, not January 1st. And I don't care. :-) Here are my goals for January 2011.

Take down, sort through and put away Christmas decorations. Yes, I still have my tree up. No, I do NOT want to put it away :-)

Decorate for winter. I figure because winter lasts for-EV-er here, I should at least attempt to have fun decorating my house this year. I'll let you know how that goes. :-)

Finish purging the house for 111 Things in 1/11. So excited about this!

Read the Lost Symbol and Treasure Island. Dan Brown  - need I say more? And Treasure Island is one of the classics that I recently purchased. 'Member my resolution to read 12 classics last year? Well, I read three. So I am setting that goal again this year, with the knowledge that I must actually READ one book a month in order to meet this goal. :-)

Refinish the little Frenchy table we purchased a while back. I've decided on a color. Now I just need to sand, stain, poly and paint it. Whew. :-)

Make it to the gym 2-3 times a week. Ideally three, but life does happen sometimes. :-)

Sew something. A curtain, an apron, a shirt... anything.

Do the appropriate paperwork for my business end of year documents. Blech. Double blech. But I'd rather have it done now. :-)

Finish up the new design for my photography website. It's stellar. I just need to make the time to finish it. :-)

Give my best time, energy and love to Lover. This is one of our 2011 goals, to give each other our best. I think it's a fabulous idea. :-)

Well, I have 21 days to accomplish all of this. Wish me luck! :-) I'll report in sometime in February to let you know how it's going. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Ok Jen, You were right!! I CAN find 111 things to get rid of!! No pics, didnt think of it before i started tossing. But i will try to remember for the next purging. Today....MANY pieces of paper, old notes, ideas, crafty plans, .....all into the recycle bin. Also, had fun tossing old yucky clothes once i had a good look at them next to the newer things i bought on our fun Christmas trip!! So i will have to estimate at 2o things...letting the paper be one big toss. So far...and trying to find room for our new housemate....i am rearranging and liking the orderly results. I may take pictures of that, it is definitely worth celebrating!! The clothes are being recycled as dust rags for now. One already made it to the garbage after i cleaned my bottom shelf in the creativity room....gross!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sewing? Call me....miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are fearless! Fearless, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete