Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Keep Calm and be happy happy happy


Do you watch Duck Dynasty? We do. We like it. It makes us laugh. We're still working our way through season 2 (we're so behind the times, I know.) but my absolute favorite part of that show is anytime Phil says "xyz makes me happy happy happy." :) We even got Javi to say it, along with Hey, Jack! #parentsoftheyear

Anyways. I'm slowly adding personal touches to the basement, and I wanted to put my own spin on the ubiquitous "Keep Calm" posters. So I sat down one day to create a graphic that I could turn into a watercolor. I started googling the crown and trying to find a font that closely matched, when my super smart Lover suggested searching for a Keep Calm generator. Turns out there's a keep calm o matic! 

So, I whipped up my graphic, printed it out and transferred it to watercolor paper. Then I got my paint on. Observe.




I love it. It's hanging over the couch in the basement. And you know what? Every time I see that little painting, it makes me... happy, happy, happy.  (You saw that coming, didn't you?)

xoxo,

 

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment