Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Decorations 2012

I love the way my Christmas decorations turned out this year. Simple, classy and fun, and still toddler friendly. I focused on the mantel, the tree, and a few other random splashes of decorations.



I had this idea for the mantel last year, but only got as far as buying the gold stars. That awesome antique-y mirror is from my friend jen - I've been trying it all around the house and I love it here for Christmas.



Our stockings are hanging with command hooks stuck to the top of the mantel. In previous years I've stuck them up with Scotch tape, but a certain someone enjoyed yanking them down. :)



I also bought a set of little LED lights and stuffed them amongst the non working fireplace logs. I thought the effect was really pretty. :-)



My goal for the tree was a pretty, sparkly tree that was still Javi friendly. Everything on there, with the exception of two ornaments, is plastic and unbreakable. I found these awesome reflective snowflakes at IKEA, took some pom pom yarn from Michaels, and wired together two Dollar Store stars for the tree topper. Easy peasy. And everything survived a toddler induced tipover, so it is definitely Javi friendly.







Oh, and there's my tree skirt that I finally finished just in time for Christmas last year. Only took me four years! :)



Let me just add that pictures of tiny tots with their faces all aglow from Christmas lights = best pictures ever. Gosh that boy is adorable. :)



Also at IKEA, I purchased this silver tree as  a centerpiece for my dining room table. I love the intricacy and the silver-y-ness.





Kohl's always has a great sale on Christmas stuff the week before Christmas, and that's where I picked up these little snowflake napkin rings.



Our holiday cards filled up the mostly blank wall in the dining room - we got tons of cards this year! And such pretty and creative ones.



Our Christmas dishes always make the kitchen feel festive, as does the little ornament swag I hung over the sink.





And there you have it. Simple and festive, just the way I like it!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so pretty. I love your mantel and your tree just glows. And that little guy of yours? Precious.

    ReplyDelete