Tuesday, January 8, 2013

113 Things in 1/13



Two years ago I got rid of 111 things in 1/11. It was surprisingly (shockingly?) easy to find that many things to get rid of, and was really an eye opener for me. I try to declutter and purge regularly, but we still accumulate so much stuff on an ongoing basis.

Then, last year, we added a little munchkin to the mix, along with all the baby paraphernalia. And although I've done my best to not accumulate every baby item on the market, there is still a certain amount of unavoidable baby gear, toys and clothing that has made its way into the house.

Last fall, after we finished the basement,  I started purging and cleaning every room again. Now that the basement stuff wasn't all stored in the attic, I cleaned and organized up there. And now that the basement was actually clean and accessible, I started organizing down there. As of the beginning of this year, I have four diaper boxes full of stuff to donate, along with several garbage bags full of stuff that needed to be tossed.

So I'm challenging myself to come up with 113 things this month that I can get rid of, in addition to those four boxes I already have set aside. I'm going through closets, cupboards and dressers, in my ongoing quest to get rid of the excess.

I'll update next week on my progress - but won't you consider joining me in this quest for less? Let me assure you, it's super fun and satisfying to pare down and rid your house of junk!

 

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer Hale McGinnJanuary 15, 2013 at 6:47 PM

    I cleaned/organized our master bathroom over this past weekend…and I'm pretty sure I threw out 113 things from just that!! Moving in 6 months has made me get serious about purging…I don't want to pack and move anything that we haven't even looked at in 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with not moving superfluous stuff! Well done jen! :-)

    ReplyDelete