Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kitchen Valance



My kitchen needed some dressing up, so I decided to get creative and add a pretty little valance. Unfortunately, there aren't any valances that are my style, so I had to make my own! Ultimately I end up liking what I make myself better anyways, so I'm glad that the big box stores didn't have the perfect piece of fabric.
I used a dish towel, some binding tape and a spring rod to add a touch of soft fabric to my kitchen.

Here is the before,


and the lovely little after!


My computer is acting up tonight, but come back tomorrow to see how I converted this little dish towel into a pretty little valance! :-)

7 comments:

  1. Your new curtain adds a very nice touch to your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure this wasn't a teaser ?:) I love the little tea cup on the valance--good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. marty (A Stroll Thru Life)November 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM

    What a great idea. It looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen curtain, towel valance looks great. I think your cabinets would look great in black or a distressed creamed coffee/burlap color, that would really make the curtain pop.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric above, violets below. Very nice and very easy to change out. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, isn't this cute! Your little valance really makes a difference.
    Love it!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle@Sweet SomethingNovember 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM

    Ok, I'll be back-I want to know how you did that!

    ReplyDelete