Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August 2009 Recap


We're more than halfway through the year, so I thought I would make a list of accomplished goals so far for 2009.
  • Increase emergency savings by 2009
  • Have garage sale-ing fund up to $100 by start of summer
  • Have one month's worth of meat in the freezer.
  • Go camping
  • Go to the Renaissance Festival
  • Throw 2-3 good parties (Culoare Zi and Paul and Mandy's party)
  • Finish painting rooms in house
  • Plant a vegetable garden
  • Go to Wisconsin
  • Get together with family (both sides) about once a week
Accomplished goals of goals set for the year: 31%

Goals we are still making progress on:
  • Have one month's worth of expenses saved up
  • Learn canning: I am waiting for apple season to get in full swing so that I can make some applesauce.
  • Go to California: I'll be flying out within a week or two, depending on when this little baby decides to come!
  • Read twelve non-fiction books this year Books read to date: 5
Other things we accomplished this month:
  • Painted the windowsills outside in the front
  • Painted the paneling in the kitchen
  • Flew my mom home for two weeks
  • Continued with basement demolition
  • Planted a garden by the stairs
Summer is almost over but I think we've really lived it up this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment