Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!



Part of throwing a great party is having the perfect present, and I am so proud of the one I made for my lovely sister-in-law. But first the back story:

The week after Sara's shower I, along with my sisters-in-law, threw a combination baby shower/going away party for my brother and sister-in-law. They're moving across the country and having a baby shortly thereafter, so we wanted to send them off in style. I'll post more details about that party in the next few days, but first I wanted to share the oh-so-awesome present that I dreamt up for them.

Months ago, when my sister-in-law registered at Target, I fell in love with the theme she had picked out for the nursery.

These adorable little animals will be on the crib blanket, the rug and everywhere else. They're a really simple drawing, so I knew that doing watercolors of them would be a piece of cake.

I bought three 8x10 frames, and did a watercolor of the elephant, the tiger and the giraffe.





I love how they turned out, my favorite is definitely the giraffe! Aren't they so cute and cuddly? I am sure my little nephew will be bribed into choosing me as favorite aunt love them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment