Monday, March 2, 2009

The Very Great and Wonderful Grammar

Did you read Winnie the Pooh as a kid? And I don't mean the Disney version, (although it is wonderful) I mean A.A. Milne's creative books that he wrote for his son Christopher Robin. I have them, all of them, and I love them. Should we ever have children, I will enjoy reading them to them almost as much as reading them to myself. ;-) 

But I think my favorite element of the books is how Milne writes. He capitalizes things that gramatically wouldn't be capitalized, and vice versa. I think it's genius and have decided to write in this Way from Now On. That way, when I tell you about My Very Awful and Horrible Day, you will remember it because I told you about the Scary Cashier, and the Really Terrible Weather. And you will also know that I do not like Mondays. And that I love Ice Cream. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment