Monday, March 23, 2009

Dressing the Chicken...


...bouillon jars, to be exact. In rearranging my pantry I found these little jars that hold my beef and chicken bouillon cubes. I love the size of the jars, and just keep moving fresh batches into these jars I bought a while ago. A few months ago, probably during my fall cleaning, I hastily used a sharpie to identify the contents, on each top, so I wouldn't have to play the "which bouillon is this?" guessing game. 

The size of the jars is great, but they're not the prettiest to look at. Today I thought, why not dress these little jars up a little? That way they would completely follow my policy of every item in my home must make me smile. I am a huge clutter magnet, and this mantra really simplifies my decision making process. And, it ensures that the things that surround me are ones that I really do like.

Here's what I started with:

And the finished product:

I basically took some scrapbooking supplies and a white charcoal pencil and went to town. I cut two strips of the green paper to fit around the jar, and two circles to fit the top, with a detail cut from the green paper. Tape and mounting squares holds everything in place, and then I took my trusty sharpie once again and wrote the equivalent on the bottom of the jar so as not to forget it. 


Voila!

1 comment: