Saturday, September 6, 2014

Denver or Bust!

You know how sometimes you have a dream, one that you talk about only on date night, or late at night in bed, or maybe you just quietly journal it and keep it in a safe place? Well that's how my dream of moving has been, for years. And that all changed last Thursday.



Friends, we are moving to Denver, Colorado. In fifteen days. I have just over two weeks left to pack up our house, find renters, host the Most Epic Garage Sale ever, pack our van with as much as it will hold, say goodbye to family and friends, and head out on our new adventure.

I am so excited. Beyond thrilled. Growing up in Spain infused me with traveler's blood, with a bit of wanderlust, if you will. I've settled here in Rochester and learned to be content, but it's just not in our blood (Lover lived in Spain as a kid too, remember?) to stay in one place forever. We're ready to explore some new places.

There is lots to tell about how we arrived at this (seemingly out of the blue) decision. There's not time to type it all out now, but I will say this - we took a year after Keilana was born to rest as a family. We stepped back from all of our commitments and responsibilities, and spent the year discussing what the future held for us, and how we wanted to proceed over the next few years. We spent a lot of time in prayer, had countless conversations, and waited (im)patiently for God to give us direction. Last week was Keilana's first birthday and in true God fashion, the new job offer came in on Thursday, her actual birthday, ten minutes before midnight. God is nothing if not punctual! :)

So that's what's keeping us busy for the next few weeks. Overall I'd say we are very excited and looking forward to the move, with the occasional panic attack thrown in for good measure. :) Even with all of the stuff I've gotten rid of in the last three years, we still have all.the. things. So figuring out what's staying, going and being sold is keeping me busy. I'll be popping in here and there for updates as we pack up our life and head west! Pray for me!

jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment