Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Favs Vol. 21

IMG_20140729_103745


Favorite Moment of the Week: We hit up some garage sales on Friday morning. At one of them I found a vintage Fisher Price house, complete with tractor and little people. Javi was completely enamored with it and played with it in his car seat throughout the morning. At one point he got stuck and couldn't get the tractor out. He yelled out "Mommy, I need help!" I replied, "I'm driving right now Javi, I can't help you. You can do it. Use your brain." He paused to deliberate this for a long moment, and then replied "Mommy, I need a BRAIN!"


What Javi is doing: Finally, taking an interest in coloring. Sadly, this interest only applies to any surface EXCEPT paper. Using all sorts of new words and complex sentences. Continuing to mix up pronouns hilariously  - he routinely says "Mommy, I want to carry you!"


What Keilana is doing: Peanut started walking holding onto our hands this week! She also points to everything she wants and has a hysterical growl. She loves playing with the little stuffed animals during diaper changes, and pitches a fit if Daddy forgets to give her a good night kiss!


And some fun internet traveling:


* Some beautiful pictures of motherhood, showing just how little has changed over the last five decades.


* 20 encouraging scriptures for moms. Yes, please.


*We made this Grilled Marinated Chicken with Mom's Barley Salad a few weeks ago, and I could NOT stop eating it. I've been obsessing over making it again. Can't wait!


That's all for now. Have a lovely weekend!


jenny


 

No comments:

Post a Comment