Friday, January 31, 2014

114 Things in 1/14: Success!


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That, my friends, is the sound of me exhaling a huge breath of relief. It's the sound of boxes of stuff leaving my house. Of bags of garbage; paperwork that no longer needs to be stored, broken or unusable items, washcloths used up and way past their prime. Gone-zo.

Someone once said that our stuff owns us. And while Lover and I strive to eschew materialism, and only have things in our home that we need and use, it requires constant vigilance and commitment to stop the creep of stuff. And that stuff? It has a cost. It requires sorting, cleaning, organizing, fixing... the list goes on and on. SO, anytime we reduce the amount of stuff we own, I feel liberated.



I did a pretty good job getting through my list of places to sort and organize. Here is that list, updated.

Basement (Kitchen Clutter, Storage room shelves, paint cans and tool cabinet, Laundry room, bookshelves)


Back Entry (Shelves, Chian cabinet)

Kitchen (Cabinet under sink, Top of fridge, cookbooks, Other cabinets, Junk Drawer)

Dining Room (Buffet drawers, Dresser drawers, Coupons, Receipts, Junk Drawer)

Living Room (End tables, Franchute, Mantel bookshelves, Toys)

Master Bedroom (Lover closet, dresser, My closet, dresser, Nightstands, Window seat)

Bathroom (Vanity, medicine cabinet)

Hall (Linen closet, Trunk, Hall closet)

Javi’s Room (closet, shelf over changing table, Large cabinet)

KK’s Room (closet, dresser drawers, window seat)

Attic (toys, finished side)

I took two boxes of toys to the local kid consignment store to sell. (Toys, by the way, are worth peanuts). I tossed a stack of unneeded paperwork that weighed at least 5 pounds. I filled boxes and boxes with stuff to donate to charity.

And the total amount of things we're chucking? 215!!! 215 items that will never be welcomed into our home again. Can I get a yee haw? :) Leave a link to your blog in the comments and tell me how much YOU got rid of!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment