Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy, happy

Happy Monday! Do you like Mondays? I like them just fine, with the exception of missing Lover. We're always so sad when Monday morning rolls around and  he has to leave for work. :(

I'm on a mission to happy-ify our kitchen. I spend tons of time in there, so it makes sense to fill it with things that make me happy, right?



The first thing I did was make a happy pennant banner. I raided my scrapbook paper stash, and pulled out anything that  worked with my color scheme. Half and hour later I was up on a chair with a drill, hanging my happy banner.



In this shot  you can also  see that I painted the window trim. All the window and door trim has been painted white, and I am working up the motivation to paint the cabinets and crown molding now! Oh, and there's a sneek peak at our new faucet that I LOVE.



A pretty plant in my window makes me smile. Plus, I can't kill it, so double smile. :)Three of the four plants in there are fake. :) Take that black thumb!



I love these dishtowels so much. I have three or four of them, and I wish I had purchased a dozen. :) They're pretty, absorbent and not scratchy. It's hard to find the perfect dishtowel, wouldn't you agree?



I painted a Katie Daisy inspired painting with one of my favorite quotes by Mother Teresa. For now it's hanging to the left of the big picture window, but that could always change. :)





And lastly, a little plaque with an awesome picture of little man and I, with a verse that has a story to it. I'll share it another day.

So those are the most recent updates. All little things that make me smile, and make me love this room a little more. Now, to paint those cabinets!! :) Happy Monday!



 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny! So exciting that you are expecting another baby. James and I are expecting too! Stephanie is excited out of her mind about all the babies! I had a question, you know that bunting you put above your window, how long does that last and look ok? I want to make one for the baby's room and I want it to be a staple decoration in the room for the next year or so. Just wondering! I love reading your blog! Thanks for all the cute tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    Congratulations! I put a paper bunting up in Javi's room (it was a shower decoration that Steph made) and it lasted until last month. I just taped it up onto the wall with masking tape, so it probably would have lasted even longer if I had hung it properly. Also, it was hung a bit low, so a certain toddler was involved in the destruction of said bunting. :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We're renting right now so we're leaving the walls white (which is apparently is a super modern nursery look, who knew?) I'm looking for ways to do little pops of color to tie the room together. I'll let you know if we do it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete