Friday, October 15, 2010

Pier 1 Dining Accessories

I find that Pier 1 is a hit or miss store. I actually registered there for my wedding, and still have a set of nesting bowls that I use every day from there. But sometimes their new collections just do not work for me. This fall's dining accessories, however, are wonderful. There are tons of cute little items that would make great hostess gifts, or inexpensive Christmas gifts. So I thought I'd share. Click on each picture for the link to the item.

This first item is totally cute, and also a total DIY project. Go to Goodwill, pick up a collection of drink glasses, then paint a not-too-perfect chalkboard label on the front. If you're not the DIY type, these glasses are only $3 each.

These little mugs are adorable, and because I am a sucker for little spoons, I think they are just the bee's knees. :-) Pair this with a bag of gourmet coffee or some chocolate covered espresso beans, and you have the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your circle. And at $5 they won't break the bank either.

I love white dishes. I love shaped dishes and I love flowers. Are you surprised that I love these little dishes? I see them holding delectable treats on the coffee table, paper clips in the office, and cotton balls in the bathroom. Perfection. $2 and $5.

I cannot tell you how much I like this tray. Again, you could DIY, starting with a square tray of any color, and a vinyl decal, or paint, if you are descended from Michaelangelo. This tray is simple, chic, and relatively inexpensive - it will only set you back $30.

It is entirely possible that I love turquoise even more than white dishes. It's a close race, friends. This would look stunning as the centerpiece of a fabulous dining room table, or, if you are very brave, on your coffee table. $40.

Pier 1's collection of teapots right now is awesome. I thought this one was super fun, and the variety of colored polka dots means that you could easily put together a mismatched set of fun cups and saucers for an impromptu tea party. Again, pair this with some delectable loose leaf tea, and you have a perfect little gift. $18.

How cute are these little measuring cups? These would be so adorable hanging out on your counter, when you're not getting your bake on. :-) Again, dishes, flowers. You understand. :-) $15.

Dare I say it? I do. :-) These little spoons are as cute as a bug. Possibly cuter. :-) How much more fun would Sunday morning pancakes be when you are measuring out the baking powder with these? $13

I'm loving these ceramic jars. They remind me of the painted pottery in Spain, and I think it would be so fun to scoop my cereal out of one of these every morning. They would also make great cookie jars. Again, fill one up, and you are set for Christmas. $10-$20

Someday, I WILL get around to making an apron. Until then though, I think I need to add this flirty little apron to my wardrobe. Weekday dinner prep is suddenly something I would look forward to. Although, that might not be such a good idea, because knowing me, I would get caught up twirling to make the ruffles flutter, and burn dinner. $15

This is a great update of the mug tree. Cute colors, large mugs to consume copious amounts of caffeine, and fun little handles. Not to sound like a broken record, but again, great Christmas gift. :-) $19

So that's my little round up of Christmas shopping inspiration at the Pier 1 store. And while I would really love to say that I have all of these items in my home now, as a courtesy from the store for reviewing them, sadly, that is not the case. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

2 comments:

  1. I think the mug tree is my favorite, though I also love the ceramic jars (yep, Spain) and cute apron. I need to really start thinking about gifts for this Christmas--I have one for Adam, but I have NO idea what I'm getting anyone else. I wonder if my mother in law would like any of these things . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way about Pier 1 -- totally hit or miss. I have gotten some really cute things there for a good price, but other times I go in and am totally unimpressed. Those little white flower dishes are so cute. Love them. And if I had a kitchen that sassy little apron would be mine! But I will show some restraint and save my money for actual kitchen renovations intead. (Sometimes it's lame to be responsible!)

    ReplyDelete